People-s online values your privacy and is committed to the protection of your Personal Data. This Personal Data Protection Notice ("Notice") describes how People-s .online, handles and uses your Personal Data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia.
"Personal Data" means information about you such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, your personal preference, bank account information or any other information that might identify you.
By registering an account with People-s .online or otherwise interacting with
People-s .online services, or by using the People-s .online website
www.people-s.online ("Website"), you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by people-s .online and all our advertising and promotional partners, and other service providers.
The personal data we collect
Personal Data provided by you
From the point of registration of your account with People-s .online we will collect and process your personal data. This includes particulars you disclose in our application form or in our People-s .online ecommerce platform.
Personal Data collected by us
In addition to Personal Data you provide to People-s .online directly, personal data may be collected from time to time from a variety sources, including without limitation, from the cookies used by our Website.
[Cookies are a text file placed into the memory of your computer that may enable
People-s .online to identify you and collect information such as the date and time of access, the URL of other web pages being or previously accessed by your browser, during you visit to our Website. Registration for and use of People-s .online account will require cookies to be enabled for account authentication purposes.]
What we use your personal data for
People-s .online Only uses and processes your Personal Data for purposes relating to People-s .online services and for the other business activities of People-s .online including without limitation:
- To assess and process your request for our services and products;
- To communicate with you (including for troubleshooting purposes or customer support);
- To carry out market analysis and research, and customer profiling to gauge market trends;
- Or internal administrative purposes;
- To send your information, updates or other materials on our products or services, upcoming events or promotions which may interest you; and
- To provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities or other persons in compliance with its obligations under law.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Save as set our below, People-s .online does not sell or rent, and does not otherwise share your Personal Data with any third party.
People-s .online may engage other companies, service providers and individuals to perform certain functions on its behalf and to administer and give effect to commercial transactions via People-s .online Consequently, People-s .online may provide access to or disclose your Personal Data to such persons as those listed below (not exhaustive):
- Entities within the People-s .online / Benang Emas 2 Sdn .BhdGroup of Companies;
- Banks and financial institutions (including credit card payment processors);
- Professional advisors and external auditors;
- Potential or actual acquirers of People-s .online (including their advisers and representatives) as a result of a potential sale of business, acquisition, merger or
Regulatory and governmental authorities to comply with legal and governmental requirements
People-s .online' Website uses Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to protect your Personal Data.
Withdrawing or Limiting Consent
If you choose not to furnish any mandatory Personal Data requested or wish to withdraw you consent or significantly limit the processing of your Personal Data, you agree that People-s .online may be unable to process your Personal Data, and any corresponding services may be curtailed. When you do so, you acknowledge that
People-s .online will not be liable for any losses which you suffer as a result of your own action.